Playlist: I-D Fashion Week Emerging Designers Show
In the middle of touring regional New Zealand, I took a surreal and beautiful side turn, to spend a week in Dunedin curating music for the international Emerging Designers Show, which came together over the last two nights.
I spent a lot of time with images of the collections - and even as images I could see it was going to be a stunning, inspiring show.
The concept was to be the show's 'DJ' but to take the job to a theatrical extreme, and add live playing at key moments. I performed the whole show on the Deluge - which I can load with WAV files and DJ from with enough preparation. The show also coincided with my new, custom made Goldsworthy performance case.
Below is the setlist - you can listen to most of it at the spotify link, but note that a couple of songs are not available on the service, including one of my perpetual top five songs, Into The Night by Dunedin band Haunted Love.
1. Intro from Entertainment - Anthonie Tonnon (unreleased)
2. Los Ageless - St Vincent
3. Cherry Coloured Funk - Cocteau Twins
4. Archie, Marry Me - Alvvays
5. Why Should I Love You? - Kate Bush
6. Cristina - Teleman
7. Everything Is Floating - Laurie Anderson and The Kronos Quartet
8. Dream Baby Dream - Suicide
9. Cranes In The Sky - Solange
10. Into The Night - Haunted Love (only available here)
11. Leave Love Out Of This - Anthonie Tonnon (unreleased, though there is a live session for RNZ here)
1. Serenade in E Major for Strings, Op.22, IV Larghetto - Dvořák
2. Dancing On My Own - Robyn
3. Vienna - Ultravox
4 - Ubu - Methyl Ethel
4. Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
5. Heavenly Pop Hit - The Chills
6. Creeping In - A.C Freazy
7. Nothing Compares To You - Sinéad O’Connor
8. When Doves Cry - Prince
9 .Say It Right - Nelly Furtado
10. Friday I’m In Love - The Cure
11. Two Free Hands - Anthonie Tonnon
Dance Routine by ODAPT Dance Troupe:
12. Light (Instrumental) - Odesza
13. The Big Ship - Brian Eno
14. Purple Rain - Prince And The Revolution
15. Reaching Through - Nadia Reid